The Karaoke Playlist
May 13, 2013 § Leave a comment
I’m not a huge karaoke guy. But when we go, things get serious.
I think there’s some kind of formula for being successful at karaoke. You need to strike the right balance of the following elements, in rough order of importance:
- Pretty much everyone knows the song. (If it’s current, eh. If it’s nostalgic, a bonus.)
- …But, not everybody does the song. (You picked Journey? You’re pathetic.)
- You can actually sing the song. (Which I guess, unless you really know exactly what you’re doing, rules out the heavy majority of rap and stuff with fast lyrics.)
- It’s upbeat, uplifting to sing.
- It’s funny to sing.
- Seriously, don’t pick Journey; your lack of creativity is embarrassing.
For me, this more or less boils down to “90’s pop/R&B tracks with female lead vocalists.”
Here’s a Spotify playlist: